Okay, so I actually arrived two weeks ago, today. But still...
I'm finally pretty much settled into my apartment in Las Vegas. I've resigned myself to knowing that I have to stay for at least a year and a half. I'm hoping that I can stick to the 2 year program that I want to and that my thesis committee chair will allow me to work on the bulk of my thesis from home and I can move back to Hawaii next December. But that's probably wishful thinking at this point and I shouldn't be thinking about moving home right now anyway since I just got here.
Anywho, if you haven't been following me on Facebook or Instagram, a lot has been happening over the past couple of weeks. Here are some highlights:
* I didn't even turn my computer on from the time I left Hilo on August 12 until last night. (I know, SHOCKER!)
* I bought my first new car (a 2014 Nissan Versa)
* I freaked out when I realized that I had really signed the papers for said car and will be paying it off for the next 10 billion years. (Okay, only 60-something months, but that's like forever!)
* Realized that I never budgeted for all these little things that have been coming up recently. (Like car registration, who knew?)
* Started school yesterday and hunted for parking all over campus for OVER AN HOUR! How ridiculous is that? Completely. And I still had to park across campus from my last class and it took like almost half an hour for me to walk back to my car. Crazy.
I also realized that I never finished packing my craft box at home for my mom to send up. I guess I'll have to make do with whatever they have at Michael's. When I get my happy butt over there to go look. Once I get a job so I have the money to go over there and go look. *sigh* Technicalities.
I've only gone to three of my classes. I still have one more on Thursday. But I've come to realize that I may not have as much downtime as I think I will. All of the classes I've gone to so far will require papers that are around 15 - 30 pages done by the end of the semester. And I'm thinking that the last one will be the same. Plus the content of these classes are completely crazy. Why am I taking a class on the First Amendment and Society again? Oh yeah, because it's the only 600-level class that was open that I was even remotely interested in.
Anyway, I guess I should go read for class tomorrow. I need to read the Constitution and be ready to have suggestions for changing it ready by class tomorrow afternoon. Great. Since I have no crafty stuff with me, I may be gone for a while again. We'll see. If you don't hear from me in a month, send a search party. Grad school may have killed me.