Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yummy Goodies!

Just before New Years we pounded mochi at my house, like we do every year. Since it was a smaller crowd this year and we normally pot luck, we didn't know how much food was actually going to show up so I told my mom that I'd make some snack kind of things just in case.


I actually only had time to make two things, but they were really yummy! One of my go-to recipes this fall/winter has been pumpkin spice cupcakes. (And I had to use Halloween cupcake liners that were a little bent out of shape, which is why it looks all warped. LoL) It's a super easy recipe that I found in a magazine and went a little crazy on. 

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1 can pumpkin puree (it said 1 cup in the recipe but I put 1 can. It tastes better that way)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
*Mix all ingredients in a bowl
*Line cupcake trays
*Fill 3/4 full
*Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
*Cool and frost. 

I used a regular canned cream cheese frosting that I added a little bit of vanilla, cinnamon, and clove to. Just eyeball it. I think the recipe makes about 28 - 30 cupcakes, possibly more. 


The other thing I made was Muddy Buddies. So super duper easy and took all of 10 minutes. I'm sure everyone knows how to make these but here you go anyway:

Muddy Buddies

1 box Chex or Chex-like cereal (I used these Rice Pockets or something like that from Safeway once and it worked fine.)
1/2 a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 a bottle of peanut butter
1 cup (or so) powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 a stick of butter

*Melt chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 30 seconds. 
*Take it out and stir. If it's not completely smooth, put back in microwave for another 30 seconds. 
*Once the mixture is smooth and all melted, empty the box of cereal into a big bowl
*Stir vanilla into mixture and pour over cereal
*Completely coat cereal with mixture
*Dump cereal into either 2 1-gallon size Ziplock bags or 1 2-gallon size bag. 
*Pour in powdered sugar, close bag, and shake like crazy until all the cereal is coated. If you need more powdered sugar, add more. 
*Dump cereal out onto waxed paper to cool

And that's pretty much it. I poured mine into a bowl and mixed in some mint M&Ms because I just had some lying around. 

Okie dokie. That's all for today. Bye!!

4 comments:

  1. Never had both of them, thanks for the recipe when I do make it I will let you know how they were.....Both look so so yummo!
    Still waiting on the shortbread recipe too?
    Thanks my BF at BFS Hilo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! where's my sample? LOL. i think i bought too much lights yesterday that my son wants more... TFS the recipes. Muddy buddy sounds onolicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeni,
    Ohhhh, they look soooo yummylicous. Bet they tasted really ono. Are you gonna pass some samples out at the BFC checkout? Nah,nah, just kidding. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is pumpkin puree same as the pumpkin pie filling? Can I go without the cloves? I'm a terrible baker but I have lots of pumpkin pie filling that I gotta use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete