Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes Part 2!

No picture this time. LoL. The cupcakes are still cooling and my phone is in my room.

Sorry for no update for a while. There hasn't been anything really interesting to write about. I've been working on an invitation for my mom's close friend's daughter's baby shower in July (not a paper craft, though. Digital art if anything. I don't have time to cut out little sea creatures for 50+ invitations.) I'll show a preview in another post. The wording isn't done yet, but the design is. I also have to get started on 35 favors for our family reunion next month and a little omiyage-type gift for some friends that I'm going to go karaoke with when I head to Oahu for the reunion. Then once the reunion trip is over, then it's time to work on the favors, decorations, and centerpieces for the baby shower. Busy summer!

Anyway, the purpose of this post! Sorry, I get distracted easily. I attempted the red velvet cupcake recipe that I posted about before for the second time today. This time I added in a small container of sour cream because the last time it was a little too dry for my tastes after the cupcakes had cooled and had been sitting for a little while. (I know I said in the initial post that they weren't dry, but after tasting a few of them, I realized that they were a little dry. Not cool.) OMG. The sour cream made all the difference. Although the cupcakes were not as chocolate-y this time, they were super duper soft and light. There was a distinct tanginess because of the sour cream and the buttermilk, but my mom said that she preferred this recipe. I think I do too. Maybe in a few weeks after we've eaten all of these I'll attempt it again with a little less sour cream. Who knows?

Why all this cupcake baking? My mom and I have tentatively decided to do the Ben Franklin Crafts Thanksgiving Craft Fair in November. We did the fair last year and sold cookies, party mix, and chichi mochi, but this year we want to attempt cupcakes. No one around here sells them so I want to. I'm working on the standards first (vanilla, (which I haven't posted about but will once I make them again) red velvet, chocolate (which is the next on my list)) and then over the summer I'll start experimenting with other flavors. I want to try strawberry, peanut butter, and possibly nutella. A friend asked me to attempt this cherry cola cupcake she had on the mainland, but I'm not sure I'm that adventurous and don't know if there's really a market for something like that. I think I may also do cake pops for the fair, depending on whether or not I can get the candy melts online for a reasonable price.

Okie dokie. Time for me to jet. I'm going to go watch some Glee. Mentally preparing myself for the season finale tomorrow. Once it's over, what am I going to look forward to every week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment