Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Back Home, Revamped Blog!

Hi Guys!!

So, last you heard from me, it was February. And now it's July. Where did the time go?!?

Well, the first thing is...

This Happened...


Yep, the people at UNLV decided to give me my degree. I'm not sure if I ever specifically mentioned what degree program I was in. I received my Master of Arts in Journalism and Media Studies from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Greenspun College of Urban Affairs, Hank Greenspun School of Journalism and Media Studies. LoL. The bulk of my time from February through the end of April was basically writing my thesis (entitled:  The End of the World Scientist and the Framing of Science in Science Fiction Films:  1950 - 2010) then defending and making all of the necessary edits. That was on top of working 30 hours a week and taking three other classes. But that's life! 

The next thing is, like the title of this entry says, I'm back home. It's a long story, but after I came home for summer last year, I started thinking about whether or not I really wanted to stay in Las Vegas after graduation. As much as I loved the people around me, I wasn't happy in my apartment complex, and there were two things I knew that would happen at the end of the Spring 2015 semester:  I would be losing my job since it was only a student position and the majority of my classmates were going to be leaving after graduation. I missed my family and my friends and just Hawaii in general and always looked forward to coming home for breaks. After thinking about it for a while, I decided that I need to come home. I haven't learned how to teleport yet and flying back to Hilo every few months was just too expensive. 

So I'm here. Now what? Who knows? Job hunting, unpacking, cleaning, and working on the revisions for a journal article I'm hoping to publish with some people from my program have been taking up most of my time. I'm enjoying being home and hoping to get back into crafting again soon. 

However, I've decided to revamp this blog a little. Looking back through my old entries, you have to admit that it hasn't been very craft-centric. I've mainly been just writing about my life and things that interest me. So that's what I'm going to continue doing. A separate post will be coming to outline the changes that I've decided to make, but crafting will definitely be a part of it. 

But until then, take care and I'll see you soon!!

<3,

Jeni

Oh! And in case you were wondering, I did get a full-sized Nature Box the following month. Sad to say, it was okay, but it wasn't amazing. I may try something else. :/

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home Jen~ Congrats in sticking it out and getting your degree. Aw to bad you didn't like Vegas.... Anyhow good luck being back home and hope you can find something you like doing here.....

    ReplyDelete