Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Polish Pick of the Week: Sinful Colors Morning Star

Hi Guys!

I'm here with my first Polish Pick of the Week post! Yay!


This week's polish pick is Morning Star by Sinful Colors. It's this really pretty light blue color with a slight shimmer to it that does not really show up in pictures I'm afraid. To me it looks like a Cinderella blue.

The Good:  It's a really pretty color. I'm not quite ready for the bright summer colors yet (especially since I'm currently job hunting) so I'm sticking to lighter colors right now. It'll just be spring all the time. Also, contrary to what other reviews have said about this polish, I did not find it hard to work with. Yes, it was slightly streaky, but I didn't find it to be as goopy as some other reviewers have noted.

The Bad:  I had to use three coats to get it to even out and be as opaque as I wanted it. From what I understand, this was from a sheer collection and I definitely found it to be sheer. And, like I said before, it was streaky. But not so much so that I wasn't able to get it to smooth out with additional coats. I'm just an impatient person who wasn't thrilled with having to wait to finish my nails. :)

The Unfortunate:  I was hoping to be able to link where you can buy this polish. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anywhere online that still sells it. From what I was able to tell, it was a part of a collection a few years ago and it's not even listed on the Sinful Colors website anymore. But you never know if it'll pop up somewhere.

For a nail polish that was $1.99, I'm happy with it. I only put it on a day ago, though, and I have some cleaning and moving things to do. The jury is still out about how it'll hold up. I'll let you know.

See you tomorrow!!

~Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment